The Inspector- General of Police Ibrahim K. Idirs has instituted a special Investigation Panel to investigate the alleged inducement to secure special promotion in the Nigeria Police Force.
In a press release signed by the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Jimoh Moshood, the IGP directed the Panel to investigate the assertion credited to the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Navy, Senator Isah Hamma Misau as reported on page 3 of the Daily Truth of 10th August 2017, captioned “Police Officers pay bribe for special promotion” wherein the Senator alleged that promotion is for sale in the Nigeria Police Force.
Consequent upon that publication, IGP Ibrahim Idirs has directed the Special Panel to invite the Senator to shed more light on the allegation, just as the IGP has implored concerned Police Officers and members of the public who have useful information or complaints that would aid the IGP Special Panel to unearth the truth surrounding the bribery scandal rocking the Police to reach the Panel through the following social media handle; WhatsApp’s, JOYJUDEJOSHUAH@YAHOO.COM or 08054904443, 08035896648 and 08181895582
The Panel’s investigation is guided with with six terms of reference;
- That is to investigate the complaints from Senator Isah Hamma Misau allegations that Police Officers pay bribe for special promotion.
- To investigate other complaints, petitions and grievances from Police Officers within the Force and from other members of the public on allegations of giving money for promotion, either special or otherwise.
- To determine the substance of the complaints, petitions and grievances from aggrieved Police Officers and members of the public on allegations of giving money for special promotion.
- To determine those who were involved.
- To recommend appropriate judicial action and other punishments as appropriate and in line with the provisions of Public Service Rules Section 030401(j) (k) and other statutory enabling laws/ Acts.
- The Panel is to submit reports to the Inspector General of Police within two weeks.