The Secretary to the Anambra State Government, Chiamaka Nnake, has distanced herself from the activities of a purported federal agency linked to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, following its alleged exposure as a fake government office.

Nnake explained that her only involvement with the organisation was her nomination as Anambra State’s focal person and participation in preparations for a proposed Made-in-Nigeria fair.

In a statement issued on Saturday, the SSG said the matter began in January 2026 when the Anambra State Government received a letter from the Made-in-Nigeria Office, which claimed to operate under the SGF’s office, requesting the nomination of a state focal person.

She said Governor Chukwuma Soludo subsequently nominated her for the position in February.

According to Nnake, representatives nominated from the 36 states were thereafter added to a WhatsApp group where they discussed matters relating to the office and its proposed activities.

She disclosed that the office later approached the Anambra Government to host the South-East edition of the Made-in-Nigeria Fair.

Nnake said the request was approved by the state, after which an inaugural planning meeting was held about two weeks ago with the participation of the purported national coordinator.

She added that preparations for the event, initially scheduled for December 2 to 5, 2026, had already commenced before the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission raised concerns over the authenticity of the agency.

The SSG said the state government was therefore misled into preparing to host the event based on its belief that the organisation was a legitimate federal entity.

Nnake stressed that she had no knowledge of, or connection to, any activities allegedly carried out by the purported agency outside the official engagements she described.

She said, “I therefore wish to make it clear that anything beyond the above-mentioned official interactions is entirely outside my knowledge and involvement.”

She explained that her statement was intended to correct reports linking her photograph and name to the alleged fake agency and to clearly define the extent of her involvement.

“I wish to clarify the circumstances surrounding the trending news concerning the purported ‘Made-in-Nigeria Agency’, in which my photograph has been displayed and I have been identified as one of the state coordinators,” she stated.